Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 28: The grossest gum ever

I've mentioned a few times that I haven't really had to seek anything out and I have actually challenged myself not to.  For example, in past years I know for SURE I have seen pink M&Ms but I have yet to walk down candy aisle looking for them.  But, I was perusing the candy at the cash register for some gum. 

This gaudy pink packaging was hard to miss and since I was in the market for gum, anyway, I decided I'd go ahead and fight some breast cancer with my purchase.
IMAG0077

In case you are wondering, the flavor "Bubblemint" tastes like a bad day at the dentist's office.  Like when you ask for the mint flavor for the cleanser but the hygenist accidentally mixes in the kid's bubblegum flavor.  HURL. 

IMAG0083.jpgWhile I thought the packaging was pretty tacky, I had not prepared myself for what was inside.

They truly taste as stupid as they look.

Could the font be any bigger on the "10% of your purchase can help save lives"??  The funds are going to an organization called "Bright Pink".  This organization seems to have been formed by companies looking for somewhere to send their money and get some nice advertising out of it. 

The website purports to have all sorts of information, support, etc. but no actual content that I could tell.

I started hitting links, mostly the "find Bright Pink Events in your area" and "event photos", stuff like that to see if there were actual programs, events or even people involved in this organization or if it was just a bunch of corporations.
Bright Pink, you don't know how right you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment