Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 31: Blenders, mixers and personal trimmers


IMAG0116On that same trip to Bed Bath & Beyond earlier this month where I hit my initial motherload, I took a picture of this KitchenAid mixer. To be one perfectly honest, one of my main motivations for ever getting married is so that I can register for one of these (not pink, of course).  It just seems like one of those things that you have to be given.  So, I was overjoyed to see this silly thing in pink.  I will say that I think my cousin Paige has one of these and Karissa would want one, too, but based on the color alone, not based on it's cancer fighting properties.

KitchenAid's "Cook for the Cure" will donate a minimum of $450,000 this year and they say they have donated $8 Million in the past 10 years to Susan G. Komen.  Among other things, you can get this mixer, blender, hand mixer, etc.  There is also a plate you can buy and give away and KitchenAid will give $5 to Komen. 

I can't say I have an particular problem with this.  Especially because someone who is investing in a PINK KitchenAid mixer is probably not actually buying it to support breast cancer but because they want a pink mixer.  I don't know why that makes me feel better but it does.

IMAG0119On the other hand.....pink Soda Stream bottles?  Well, I thought at first that it was just the bottles, but apparently you can buy the whole Soda Stream system (several different versions, in fact) as part of their, er..."Homemade Carbonated Beverages for the Cure" program.  Ok, I made that one up.  I guess they couldn't come up with a cute name.

5% of the proceeds from the sale of one of these things goes to Komen.  I actually support this product MORE for the fact that it is reducing plastic waste and creating healthier beverages.  My same arguement that I've had with all the other companies applies here...their donation of your money, again.

Thanks to my cousin Sara for sending me these.  I mean, who wouldn't want to fight cancer while brushing their teeth with this limited edition Sonicare?  OH, and if that wasn't enough, how 'bout while you are trimming your bikini line???

Philips will donate $100,000 over the next two years (again, their money, having nothing to do with how many toothbrushes and personal trimmers are sold) to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

If you really want to be grossed out, go to the breast cancer search page of http://www.drugstore.com/ and check out the walker, CHI, Clarisonic, yoga mat and medicine organizer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment